SizeCon 2023 Post One: A Fresh Fish Every Day

Last SizeCon I made the mistake of trying to cram way too much into one blog. Between euphoria (over the Con and my family situation), exhaustion (no sleep and a round trip drive from New Hampshire to Louisiana), and the WTF? that marked the early days of the Covid lockdowns that followed, I never got more than a few paragraphs in before I gave up. This time around I want to do it in discrete chunks. Part of that to make things easier on me; partly to keep from burying the lead. There were so many leads this Con.

I'm starting with this one cause it was one of the most fun.

I debuted The Size Library and Museum at this year's Con. I'll go into more details about that in another post. For now, all you need to know is that there were pages and pages of vintage postcards at my booth. Most were in a binder; a few duplicates were set aside in my sales area when Ms. Irene Silver dropped by to check things out.

If you have any preconceived notions of what a fetish model is like in real life, let me tell you, they are some of the sweetest, most down to earth people you are ever going to meet. And Irene is no exception. She hadn't originally planned to come to SizeCon, but her plans got cancelled at the last minute and Gary Pranzo invited her to join in on the fun. Actually, he phrased it a little differently. Irene says it better than I can.

It was great geeking out over the vintage cards with her. She zeroed in on The Summer Girl series that came out around 1910-11. They feature beautiful demure young ladies hunting, fishing, or frolicking with a tiny man. There isn't any violence in any of them, just a "I'm gonna get you" vibe that's cute and playful. The card above is part of that series. One that Irene commented on very favorably.

That was Friday. Saturday morning my body clock woke me up at my usual 4 AM. As I tried to turn my brain off to get back to sleep my brain flashed to this:

Many of you already know about the above images. For those who don't, the original Gibson illustration dates back to 1903. The Horst P. Horst tableau was made for a 1948 issue of Vogue.

I knew a receptive model, a photographer, and there was a greet screen set up for the Con. Could we recreate a bit of Size history?

Ms. Silver very graciously said yes.

I've known M31 for years but had never asked for a commission. Not that he isn't great at what he does (he is), I just never had an idea I felt was worthy of his attention until now. Thanks to the cyclical craziness that was Saturday, I was only able to give him the bare minimum information about the project ("Irene Silver and I want to do a collage if you've got a slot").

The shoot itself happened sometime Sunday afternoon. Irene went out of her way to change into the swimsuit you see her in above. M31 took shots of us both wearing my hat to see which worked better. In my headcannon, the giant lady hooked my hat first before snagging me on her line. The fishing pole was a tripod I used for my booth with two of the legs folded up. When it came my turn to pose, Irene stood behind me on a chair with a short cord attached to my dress to really sell the hooked effect. I didn't think about it until this morning, but the little man in the original is wearing a swimsuit while the giant woman has on a long dress. In our version, I'm in the dress and Irene is in the swimsuit. If you squint and are a little colorblind, the dress I'm in is kinda sorta close to the color of the 1910 dress. Maybe I stole Ms. Silver's dress while she was swimming (and magicked it down to fit) and she was looking to get it back.

Or maybe she just looks better in a bikini than I do.

The shoot itself went very quickly. It was my first time modeling. M31 was very patient as he told me what to do. If I look good there, give him the credit. I loaned him the original card to use as a reference and left him to do his magic. I know Irene made suggestions that made it work even better than I could have hoped for.

I went off to pack up my booth and do the things that needed to be done. I was surprised when I was told the image was ready for review. I expected it to take much longer given all the fine details he had to find and edit in. I am so impressed that he was able to make something that amazing in, what to me, seemed like a very short time.

Seriously, give this man your business. He is a master. He will give you what you want. And his rates are beyond reasonable. He could charge double and it would be a bargain.

And please support Irene Silver's work. She is very easy to talk to, a consumate professional, and absolutely stunning. I had a couple conversations with her about kink during lulls in the Con. I've talked up how sweet she is, but her take on femdom sizekink gave me the good kind of shivers. And if you're into physically powerful women, I saw her lift and carry an adult man from where he was to where she wanted him on the other side of the room. With his consent.

M31. Ms. Irene Silver. Thank you both for making this happen.

Comments

  1. It was lovely meeting you in real life, and I love your library! I will keep an eye out for vintage items to add to it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great meeting you too. Glad you liked the library. It's a work in progress, but it's a start. And thanks for keeping a look out for things. The more people looking, the better chance we have of preserving lost gems.

      Delete

Post a Comment